- 12 month maximum term contracts (multiple vacancies available)
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced banking & customer service professional
About the Role
We are currently seeking interest for a number of 12 month maximum term contracts working in our newly established and dedicated Banking Relief Team which has been established to support BOQ customers impacted by COVID-19.
The purpose of these positions is to provide excellent customer service whilst effectively managing all aspects of Banking Relief Package enquiries. Great attention to detail is required and high level of maturity and diplomacy will be essential to succeed in this role.
Key responsibililities will include:
- Liaising with internal and external customers via the Team inbox and Telephone line
- Completing operational tasks such as issuing letter correspondence, reporting and keeping accurate records of all customer interactions
- Making timely assessment decisions appropriate to the customers’ needs, categorisation and specific circumstances based on pre-defined criteria
- Identifying the most appropriate option to assist customers after consideration has been given to their categorisation and specific circumstances
- Ensuring quality service and support is provided to customers and branches
- Adhering to BOQ’s credit policies, procedures and requirements
- Maintainig accurate statistics on the number, type and outcome of applications received
- Other ad- hoc administrative duties will be required at the Manager’s discretion.
This role will suit an individual with demonstrated experience in a customer service role undertaking inbound and outbound phone calls. Experience in the banking and finance industry is desired with exposure to hardship policies and procedures advantageous. High level listening skills and a clear and concise phone manner combined with the ability to work towards KPI’s and targets is essential.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.