About the business
etika was founded in 2014 by a group of tech entrepreneurs that wanted to make fairer finance accessible to more people globally.
etika offers affordable finance, tailored to the needs of customers, anywhere and anytime.
About the role
This is a brand new role, working with the Global Head of Risk and Compliance in our north Sydney office.
You will have responsibility for developing and maintaining appropriate compliance practice and controls and help to drive key compliance initiatives through the consolidation and implementation of a comprehensive Compliance Assurance Programme.
You will have experience of working in Financial Services, ideally with experience of consumer credit and will be involved in the following;
- Assisting with the development, and coordination of the delivery, of policies to put in place compliance activity where it is otherwise absent or unsatisfactory.
- Conduct periodic reviews of policies and training.
- Consider the impact of regulatory developments on the business and update and advise stakeholders.
- Assist with internal compliance monitoring reviews.
- Assist with external assurance reviews as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance issues where required.
- Identify, highlight and help manage and mitigate any regulatory risks.
- Work with the business to ensure that the business implements and maintains suitable systems and controls to meet the regulatory requirements.
- Assist the Global Head of Risk and Compliance to identify and diagnose where compliance activity is required across the Company.
- Continually and actively develop technical knowledge in relation to the regulatory framework governing the company and its activities.
Benefits and perks
The role will be based in North Sydney, in a Work Inc office where there are casual and fun get togethers that include pizza nights, table tennis tournaments and whiskey tastings!
There is some opportunity to work from home, especially during the pandemic, but the team enjoy working together and sharing ideas in the office.
The business is growing very quickly and there are lots of opportunities to learn new things and work with a great bunch of people.
Skills and experience
Successful candidates will have demonstrable experience of working within a compliance role in Financial Services, specifically in the consumer credit sector.
You will have hands on experience of standard setting, process and procedure development, monitoring and reporting across the business.
You will preferably degree qualified and hold (or studying towards) a professionally recognised qualification in compliance.
A sound understanding of the regulatory regimes governing Australia and New Zealand is a must.
Along with experience in an open and challenging business environment, you’ll have the skill in applying regulatory knowledge to the achievement of business objectives.
Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels across our business.
Ability to multi-task and work on your own initiative, as well as being able to make decisions where appropriate.
Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills.The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a compliance officer?
- How many years’ experience do you have in the financial services industry?